Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a great summertime dessert light and refreshing. Perfect to bring to a BBQ or picnic.
- 16 graham crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box peach Jell-O
- 3 large ripe peaches
- Combine crumbs and margarine pressing all but 1/3 cup in bottom of 9x13-inch pan.
- 2nd layer:.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar together and fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread over crust and chill.
- 3rd layer:.
- Put water, cornstarch, and sugar in sauce pan boil until thick.
- Add Jello; chill. Cut up peeled peaches, add to Jello mixture. Pour over cream cheese mixture and sprinkle remaining crumbs over top.
- Refrigerate until served.
Although I had to modify this recipe to make in NZ using readily available ingredients and have posted it as 'No bake Strawberry Cheesecake', I have given credit to homegirl in my recipe introduction. (I also contacted her to make sure she was happy with me doing this) Thanks so much again for this recipe which my dh thinks is just the best. :)
This is a very tasty cheesecake, quite refreshing on a hot day. Used 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs for the crust which worked just fine. Didn't know if 12 oz. dessert topping was by weight or volume so I used 2 cups (500 mL). Took a star off for the directions, the finished cake was yummy. BTW make sure cake is level while setting in the fridge.