Recipe by startnover
This is a great summertime dessert light and refreshing. Perfect to bring to a BBQ or picnic.
Top Review by Jen T
Although I had to modify this recipe to make in NZ using readily available ingredients and have posted it as 'No bake Strawberry Cheesecake', I have given credit to homegirl in my recipe introduction. (I also contacted her to make sure she was happy with me doing this) Thanks so much again for this recipe which my dh thinks is just the best. :)
- 16 graham crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box peach Jell-O
- 3 large ripe peaches
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs and margarine pressing all but 1/3 cup in bottom of 9x13-inch pan.
- 2nd layer:.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar together and fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread over crust and chill.
- 3rd layer:.
- Put water, cornstarch, and sugar in sauce pan boil until thick.
- Add Jello; chill. Cut up peeled peaches, add to Jello mixture. Pour over cream cheese mixture and sprinkle remaining crumbs over top.
- Refrigerate until served.