Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from my grandmother's recipe stash. I grew up on these things and to me, no other no bake oatmeal cookie is better! But then again, I am a little biased. The yield and serving size is not accurate because I could seriously eat every single cookie in one night. Note: I have noticed that sometimes these cookies have trouble setting up if the weather is a little off. No problem, just pop them in the fridge to set.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, depending on your preference)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups instant oats
- In large pot, combine sugar, butter, cocoa, and milk. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla extract and oats.
- Stir until blended.
- Drop cookies, using a spoon, on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Let cookies set.
They came out dry. I know I had correct amounts. Why would that be?
Perfect for a quick fix for a sweet tooth! Also very inexpensive to make. Made them to give my friend for her birthday and she loved them!