Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from an advertisement in Woman's Day magazine sometime in the 80's. My kids still love this cool dessert pie.
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 2 graham crackers, pie crust(s)
- Combine all ingredients as listed above.
- Divide mixture evenly into the 2 graham cracker pie shells.
- Chill at least one hour before serving.
I have made this recipe for years..everyone loves and my father in law expects it at every holiday gathering. I even have to make a pie especially for him
I have made this pie for a very long time, I usually mix very well 1 package of cream cheese at room temperture and add it in, the cream cheese stabilize it a little more. and I love both walnuts and pecans so I add both..
A wonderful Summer Pie. It went together fast. I had everything on hand and used a"NILLA" crust. I only had an hour before I needed to serve it and it was a little soft, but still held together enough to slice! Thanks, Koechin/Chef