Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy to make cheesecake with mexican flavour... Make with spenda, fat-free cheesecake or neufchatal, coolwhip, sugar-free caramel, etc for healthier option. i.e. flavourful enough to use the healthy stuff!
- 6 almond toast cookies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup caramel sauce
- raspberries, and mint sprigs for topping
- Coat 8" springform pan with cooking spray. In food processor, pulse cookies with sugar until fine crumbs form (produce about 1 cup). Add melted butter. Process until blended. Firmly press into bottom of pan.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine honey, vanilla and 1 Tbs water. Sprinkle gelatin over mixture. Let stand 5 minutes. Microwave on high in 5 second intervals, stirring often, until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- On medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. 2 minutes. Beat in gelatin mixture, cinnamon and salt until combined (about 1 minute). Fold in 2 cups topping.
- Spread into pan. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until set (at least 8 hours or overnight).
- To serve: run knife around edge to loose, remove side of pan. Transfer to serving plate with lip.
- Spread caramel sauce on top, letting fall over edges at intervals.
- Put remaining 1 cup topping into pastry bag with decorate tip and create dollops or other decor atop cake. Make dollops at slicing intervals and garnish with raspberries and mint.