Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Very easy...it doesn't set very well, but it still tastes really really nice! It's deliciously light.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed biscuits (any, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 400 g skim condensed milk
- For crust: Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Press into pie pan using fingers or back of spoon.
- For filling: Process/blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Regrigerate overnight, or until set.
I also added gelatine, mixed with heated lemon juice. It set in 2 hours. Delicious and slightly less high calorie than a normal cheesecake.
You mentioned that this doesn't set very well, so I took the liberty of adding a sachet of gelatine (=2 1/2 teaspoons) to the filling. I microwaved a little of the lemon juice so that it was hot enough to disolve the gelatine into and it worked a treat.. the cinnamon in the crust was yummy and over all the taste was great. We did have quite a bit if trouble getting the slices out of the pan (the crust really stuck) but maybe increasing the butter just a little would help that ??? The lemon was pretty strong, but not overpowering in this, perfect for a real lemon lover like me so I will be adding this to my family handwritten recipe book and I have given it a well deserved 4 stars. Thanks !!!