Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My family loved this recipe. I got it from as jell-o book,along time ago.
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin, any flavor
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 8 ounces fruit
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Dissolve gelatin completely in water, stirring about 3 minute.
- Add ice cubes and stir constantly until gelatin is thickened about 2-3 minute Remove any unmelted ice.
- Using wire whisk, blend in whip cream then whip until smooth, Fold in fruit and chill, if necessary until mixture is mound.
- Spoon into crust. Chill 2 hours Garnish with additional fruit, if desired.
Arrrrgggg!!! I know this is a fantastic recipe because I've had it when others make it. I halved the recipe, which made the perfect amount of filling for me. The problem I had is that the fresh strawberries I added in made the pie very watery and it fell apart. I am going to remake this another day without adding fruit in the mix and will give stars then :D Thank you Southern!
This is a great summer recipe because it's so light, creamy and refreshing. I've always made strawberry flavored Jello because that's my favorite. I prefer to make mine without fruit.
This was lovely. I used about 1 1/2 cup of ice and orange jello and mandarin oranges. Easy, uncomplicated recipie. How about plain gelatin and grapefruit juice and maybe fresh cherries? I think this is my new favorite pie.