1/2 Photos of No Bake Lemon Squares
I learned this recipe at school in my home economics class many, many years ago. It was such a hit, it was my job to make these on every special occasion. They are very tart with the lemon juice. You can use either fresh squeezed lemon or lemon juice from the bottle. I find that fresh lemons are a hit and miss with the strength of the tartness so I generally use the bottled juice. If you use fresh, you can also grate some lemon peel into the filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 -36 graham crackers
- 2In a small bowl, mix Condensed Milk with the 1/4 cup Lemon Juice. It will appear runny at first but when it sits, it thickens. Set aside.
- 3In a square container (I use a Tupperware square container that I can seal with the lid) line with graham crackers. You will have to cut some crackers to fit. Take a bread and butter knife and gently saw through the cracker until it cuts through.
- 4Top with the lemon mixture.
- 5Top the lemon mixture with another layer of graham crackers. Again, you will have to cut some to fit around the edges.
- 7Cream the butter with a bit of the icing sugar until there are no lumps left. Add more icing sugar a bit at a time until it's too hard to stir. Add a tsp of lemon juice and mix until smooth again and no lumps remain. Keep alternating icing sugar and lemon juice until its of spreading consistency.
- 8Spread over top layer of graham crackers.
- 9Cover and let sit over night.
- 10Cut into squares and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Bake Lemon Squares
Serving Size: 1 (799 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.3
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 45.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g