Recipe by Gingernut
I've searched and searched and nowhere on 'zaar can I find this exact recipe. It contains no "whipped topping" and no eggs. It comes from a packet of Philly cream cheese. For a plain cheesecake, use 1 T vanilla extract and leave out the lemon. Top with berries if you are so inclined.
- 1 cup plain sweet biscuit crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 500 g cream cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix biscuit crumbs and butter and press into the base of a 22 cm springform pan. Place in freezer to chill while you do the rest. Note: I have successfully used an 8 inch square Pyrex dish for this recipe, but don't expect to be able to get it out of the dish!
- Mix gelatin with hot water and stir till dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, gelatine mixture, lemon rind, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Pour mixture onto chilled base. Chill in refrigerator overnight.