Recipe by internetnut
I found this recipe on Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by kimhouse. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
Top Review by Mark Kovach
Made this tonight with sour cream topping instead of whipped cream. I replaced the lemon gelatin with plain gelatin and 1 tablespoon lemon juice because I thought the added sweetener in the flavored variety was overkill. Made with no fat cream cheese and no fat sour cream this is a great low fat sugar free recipe. I did add a crust however. See my review of #9125 for the crust used.
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces lemon sugarfree gelatin
- 16 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1⁄2 cup granular Splenda sugar substitute, plus additional 1/4 cup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, plus additional 1 cup
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, mix lemon sugarfree gelatin with boiling water until fully disolved. Set aside. In a separate large bowl, blend cream cheese with next three ingredients. Beat until very smooth. Add gelatin mixture and beat again to thoroughly mix and smooth. Pour into Pyrex or Corning PAM sprayed pie plate. Refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Whip additional 1 cup of heavy cream with sweetener and billow over the top of your cheesecake. If you like, sprinkle a bit of chopped walnuts or slivered almonds.