Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Make certain to only chill the Jello until it is thick but not set, it should take around an hour and 15 minutes, I made the mistake of over chilling the Jello the first time I made it, and the Jello did not mix in properly with the whipped cream, there were tiny pieces of gelatin floating around in the mixture, it was still delicious though! Feel free to use any crust recipe that you like I am thinking maybe a chocolate cookie crust for the lemon flavor. This recipe can also be made in a 10-inch springform pan. Prep time does not include chilling the Jello, and cooking time is 8 hours chilling time. If you want a firmer middle, and a stronger fruit flavor just use three packages of Jello instead of just two with the 2 cups boiling water. This is a refreshing light as a cloud dessert it makes a perfect ending to serve to guests after a dinner.
Top Review by Cookin-jo
Lovely dessert! I used the 2 packages of lemon jello which gave the cake a light lemon flavour which was wonderful. The only problem I had was that the jello at the bottom of the bowl started to set and I had to fish that part out. I would recommend stirring the jello as it cools. Thanks for another great recipe, Kitten!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar (can use more for a sweeter taste)
- 1 cup whipped cream (can use 2 cups for more creamy taste, or can use Cool Whip Frozen Whipped Topping, thawed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and press into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes (no more than 7 minutes!) remove and cool completely.
- For the cream cheese filling: dissolve the gelatin powder in the boiling water, and place in the refrigerator.
- Let cool until thick but not set (about 1 hour and 15 minutes, it might take a little more or less time).
- In a large bowl beat the softened cream cheese with the 2 cups sugar until fluffy and smooth (about 3-4 minutes).
- To the whipped cream or Cool Whip, fold in the chilled lemon or orange gelatin; mix until well combined.
- Then add in the cream cheese mixture; mix to combine.
- Pour the filling into prepared crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 8 hours or more.
- Cut into squares and serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top if desired.