This is another recipe from my Mother-in-Law. It is delicious and refreshing ! My whole family LOVES it !!!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick,)
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature (I use low-fat )
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (I use Milnot )
- CRUST: Mix ingredients together and press 2/3 of the mixture into bottom of a 9X13-inch pan.
- FILLING:Disolve jell-o in boiling water. Let it cool. Add the lemon juice.
- In a medium bowl, cream the sugar, salt and cream cheese with a mixer . Add the jell-o mixture and set aside.
- In a large bowl ( I use a glass chilled one ), beat the Milnot until stif peaks form. Fold in the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour it into the prepared glass pan. Sprinkle the remaining graham crackers mixture on top. Cover with plastic wrap and take to the freezer until firm ( about 4 hours ).
- Cut in squares to serve.