Recipe by Marsha D.
Found this recipe from Kraft Kitchens and wanted to share the recipe.
Top Review by mandabears
the filling was tangy and very refreshing, we did not care for the crust. we felt it was too strong tasting and clashed with the lemon filling. next time, i will use a graham cracker crust.
- 1⁄2 cup nabisco gingersnap cookie (crushed up about 38 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 2⁄3 cup water (boiling)
- 2 (4 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups Cool Whip Topping (thawed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together gingersnap crumbs with butter and blend well.
- Press into a 9 inch glass pie plate. Set to the side.
- Combine boiling water with lemon jello and stir for 2 minutes or until completely dissolved.
- In a small bowl,add enough ice and water to the lemon juice to make 1 cup.
- Add to lemon gelatin, stir in lemon peel.
- Stir until lightly thickened.
- Remove any unmelted ice from gelatin.
- Stir in Cool whip lightly with a wire whisk.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes or until mixture mounds.
- Spoon into pie crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- NOTE: keep leftover pie refrigerated.