Recipe by littleturtle
Peanut butter, honey, and oatmeal - a winning combination. Sweet and easy. Wonderful afternoon snack for kids or adults. Cook time is freezing time.
Top Review by TexasToast R
Very yummy! I have made peanut butter honey no-bake treats before, but these are better than some of the ones I made in the past. The vanilla really adds a nice touch. I combined all ingredients in the food processor, and only used 1/2 c. of powdered milk. The sunflower seeds I used were salted which I thought added a nice contrast to the sweet honey. I mixed the chocolate chips in by hand. Update: They are wonderful rolled into balls and then rolled in coconut.
- 1⁄3 cup thick honey
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter (I like natural peanut butter as it's not so sweet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup oatmeal (any kind)
- 3⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips, to garnish (or garnish to taste using sesame seeds for a healthier alternative)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients, except chocolate chips, until well mixed (If too soft to work with: add a little more powdered milk and oats).
- Spread evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips or seeds.
- Cut into squares.
- Freeze for 20 minutes, then store in airtight container in the refrigerator.