Recipe by tjrasmussen3_10042626
This recipe is a goof of another recipe that turned out AWESOME. My kids and husband love it. It's super easy and makes plenty.
Top Review by jimjam63
Excellent and easy dish. With a few modifications it turned out great. Used store brand "velveeta", added some smoked paprika seasoning and some dry mustard powder. Keepin' this one!
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (I'm sure black pepper would be fine too)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan cook butter, salt, pepper, and flour and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add milk, return to heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute. You should notice it start to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, stir until melted. This is where I add the mustard and shredded cheddar to taste. Start small and add until you get the extra flavor that you like.
- Pour over noodles, stir, and serve.