Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm posting this for my kids. This comes from The Pillsbury Doughboy's Kids Cookbook. This was my very first cookbook. They are recipes that are easy for kids to make and they have step by step instructions. My son and daughter like to help out in the kitchen. These recipes are simple enough to where they can do most of the cooking. They are always so proud of the finished product! I hope your kids enjoy too!
- Measure granola cereal, level off with spatula and place in large plastic bag. Seal bag tightly, removing as much air as possible.
- Roll a rolling pin over bag until cereal is coarsely crushed. Save 2 Tablespoons of the crushed cereal until step 6. Place the remaining cereal in a large bowl.
- Add frosting, using a rubber scraper to get frosting out of can.
- Measure and add raisins and chocolate chips. Stir with wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Place mixture in ungreased 8 or 9 inch square pan. Press in pan with back of wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle top with 2 Tablespoons of crushed cereal and press tightly.
- Place pan in refrigerator and set timer for 1 hour.
- When timer rings, check to see if mixture is firm when you touch it. If not, set the timer again for about 15 minutes.
- When mixture feels firm cut into bars with utility knife.
- Serve right away or cover with foil and store in refrigerator.