1 hr 15 mins
Proud Veteran's wife's Note:
I'm posting this for my kids. This comes from The Pillsbury Doughboy's Kids Cookbook. This was my very first cookbook. They are recipes that are easy for kids to make and they have step by step instructions. My son and daughter like to help out in the kitchen. These recipes are simple enough to where they can do most of the cooking. They are always so proud of the finished product! I hope your kids enjoy too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure granola cereal, level off with spatula and place in large plastic bag. Seal bag tightly, removing as much air as possible.
- 2Roll a rolling pin over bag until cereal is coarsely crushed. Save 2 Tablespoons of the crushed cereal until step 6. Place the remaining cereal in a large bowl.
- 3Add frosting, using a rubber scraper to get frosting out of can.
- 4Measure and add raisins and chocolate chips. Stir with wooden spoon until well mixed.
- 5Place mixture in ungreased 8 or 9 inch square pan. Press in pan with back of wooden spoon.
- 6Sprinkle top with 2 Tablespoons of crushed cereal and press tightly.
- 7Place pan in refrigerator and set timer for 1 hour.
- 8When timer rings, check to see if mixture is firm when you touch it. If not, set the timer again for about 15 minutes.
- 9When mixture feels firm cut into bars with utility knife.
- 10Serve right away or cover with foil and store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Bake Granola Squares
Serving Size: 1 (935 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.1
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 46.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g