Recipe by spatchcock
Top Review by CrystalB
These are delicious - very addictive!! I made a couple of small changes: subbed honey for the corn syrup, used organic puffed brown rice cereal and natural peanut butter and reduced the brown sugar to 1/4 c. for a healthy treat. I found the secret to making them stay together is to press them into the pan as hard as you can. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine cereal, rolled oats and raisins; set aside.
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla; blend until smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture; mix well.
- Press into ungreased 13"x 9" pan.
- Cool; cut into 24 bars.