Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl, combine cereal, rolled oats and raisins; set aside.
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla; blend until smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture; mix well.
- Press into ungreased 13"x 9" pan.
- Cool; cut into 24 bars.
These are delicious - very addictive!! I made a couple of small changes: subbed honey for the corn syrup, used organic puffed brown rice cereal and natural peanut butter and reduced the brown sugar to 1/4 c. for a healthy treat. I found the secret to making them stay together is to press them into the pan as hard as you can. Thanks for a great recipe!
I was looking for a good granola/cereal type breakfast bar to make for my picky toddler, sure I could go and buy them at the store but they are full of preservatives...I was so glad that I found this recipe..It turned out great and was easy as 1-2-3.. I added chocolate chips as well..another things was I melt just a enough chocolate to coat the top..I firmly patted the mixture into the pan and when they cooled and I cut them they held together just fine..next time I will add a little of coconut and probably omit the peanut butter upping the corn syrup just a tad...thanks for the recipe...
These bars are easy to make and taste good. They even freeze well. I made them exactly as directed in the recipe, but the next time I make them I will omit the brown sugar. DH needs to cut down on the sugar and I think the corn syrup will make it sweet enough for us. Excellent recipe! Thanks for sharing.