Recipe by Kaykwilts
I was looking for an option to those expensive energy bars you buy at the store for $1.50 each. My family loves this. You can also put the semi-sweet chocolate chips in it. I've tried it both ways. Husband likes the milk chocolate but my daughter likes the semi-sweet. I may try using craisins instead of raisins the next time I make it for a change. You could also substitute the rolled oats for the quick cooking oats too. This is a considered a quick snack to fix.
Top Review by Pamela J
I liked these alot! Made without the chips (only because I didn't have any!) and added some pecans. I'm going to make again with the chips and add some shredded coconut. They were super easy and extra yummy! Thanks!!!!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first three ingredients in a large bowl; set aside. Bring brown sugar and corn syrup to a boil in a small pan over medium heat. Stir constantly. Remove from hear. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract until blended. Pour pean butter mixture into dry mixture stirring until coated. Let stand 10 minutes before you put in the chocolate morsels. Presss firmly in a 9 x 12 inch pan. Let cool and then cut into bars.