Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I made this for a friend's birthday who is allergic to gluten. I was so scared that I washed all utensils twice. This is my first ever cheesecake. It was a huge hit! It's very healthy & low cal too. If you want to make cottage cheese at home you can do so by boiling 1 litre of milk and adding lemon to it.
- 200 g cottage cheese
- 400 g yogurt (full milk)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mango pulp (1-2 mangoes)
- 1⁄2 cup mango (Cut & cubed, need this the next day)
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- 1. Hang the yogurt in a cloth & let the excess water drop in a bowl. Let it hang for about 20 minutes minimum
- 2. If you are using fresh mangoes (recommended) make sure they are sweet & ripe. Cut them & puree in a food processor.
- 3. Warm the water & dissolve the gelatin in it. Add the mango puree to this. Keep aside.
- 4. Put the cottage cheese*, milk, & hung yogurt in the food processor. ( Use milk only in case your cottage cheese is hard & doesn't blend). Blend till you get a gorgeous creamy texture.
- 5. Pour out the cottage cheese & yogurt mix into a mixing bowl. Add sugar & Vanilla. To this add 3/4th of the mango puree mixture.
- 6. Whisk together for about 5 minutes till the mixture is consistent.
- 5. Take a silicon bakeware bowl (or any bowl, I don't care) & slightly grease it with your preferred butter/oil. Pour the yummy looking yellow mix into this.
- 7. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Then pour the leftover mango puree mixture (of point 5) slowly to form a glaze. Refrigerate overnight. DO NOT FREEZE.
- 8. Since this cheesecake has no crust we will invert the dish to make the glaze the crust. So the next day invert the cheesecake out on a plate.
- 9. Place cubed mangoes delicately on top of the cheesecake & garnish with mint leaves if you wish.
- Serve & wait to be crowned the queen of healthy desserts.
- *If you want to make cottage cheese at home you can do so by boiling 1 litre of milk and adding lemon to it.