Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Years ago I got this from a co-worker. It is so rich and delicious- be ready to share!
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 lb real butter
- 1 cup hershey cocoa
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (whatever you like)
- 4 lbs confectioners' sugar
- Melt butter and Velveeta on low heat.
- In large mixing bowl add melted mixture and vanilla, nuts and cocoa mix thoroughly with a mixer.
- You can mix in the first 2 lbs of sugar with a mixer usually with no problem.
- After that you will need a spoon mix in any remaining sugar.
- Spread into shallow wax paper lined pans. Smooth out with a wet spoon. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares.
Although I have not made this recipe YET. I find it a little confusing. I have had to read the directions twice to get it straight. Seems to me the directions should have been written differently. But I will try making this regardless of the messed up directions.
I had to make this if only to see how it would taste with Velveeta cheese in it. Really good fudge melts in your mouth this does not. It tastes good, but I did not like the texture and would not make it again. Don't let my review keep you from making it, I am not a great fudge lover, my wife loved it. I only made half the recipe which made a 9 X 13 inch pan. I would only make 1/4 of the recipe even 1/2 is a lot of fudge.