Recipe by HeatherFeather
A delicious and easy no-baking involved wintertime dessert. Everything just whips together with your mixer and gets thrown into the freezer. Or, this can also be a great way to use up those candy canes after Christmas. Garnish right before serving.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
I made this with local, red, cinnamon candies and it was very good. A bit too sweet for my liking - I think the condensed milk with the candies would have been more than enough, and next time, I'll omit the sugar in the crust.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (regular or light)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup hard peppermint candy, crushed (such as Peppermint Starlights or candy canes)
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar and press firmly into a 9" springform pan to form a crust.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Add condensed milk, crushed mint candy, and the food coloring.
- Mix on low to combine, then on high to beat together well.
- With a spatula, fold in whipped cream and pour into the crust.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream and whole pieces of peppermint candy, if desired.
- Variation: Use other flavors of mint candies- such as chocolate mint.