Recipe by Zielle
Designed for hiking and backpacking trips, these bars are high in protein and clean carbs, do not require refrigeration, and travel very well in the pack. I recommend using non-pasteurized (living) honey, natural peanut butter with as little additives as possible, and quick oats.
Top Review by Lalaloula
YUM, YUM, YUM!!!! What a great bar recipe! Loved how easy this was to prepare, how healthy compared to other muesli bar recipes and how tasty! :)
I used a muesli mix with dried fruit in it and halved the honey, but other than that stuck to your recipe and that was great! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Zielle!
Made and reviewed for PAC October 2011.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the peanut butter and honey in a large nonstick pot and warm over low heat until runny and mixed.
- Mix in the oatmeal and protein powder.
- Do not bake, but heat enough to mix nicely.
- Press into a 9x9 inch pan and let cool (to make cutting them easier, you could stick the covered pan into the refrigerator for a few hours).
- Slice into 16 bars and package in sandwich baggies.