Recipe by Oolala
Another from Sally H. Hunt's "Easy Diabetic Cooking with 4 Ingredients." I've posted another more traditional Diabetic Banana Cream Pie but this one is a lot easier so I am posting as another option. Serving size is 1/8 of the pie (1 slice); Net carbs 12; Fat 4 g; Fiber is less than 1 g; calcium 42 mg; sodium 153 g; sugars 6 g; calories 97 (without crust). Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant banana pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip Lite, frozen, thawed, divided
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker pie crust
- In a mixing bowl combine pudding mix and milk and mix well.
- Fold in 2 cups of the cool whip and mix.
- Pour into pie crust and sprinkle toasted coconut on top and chill pie until pudding sets.