Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another from Sally H. Hunt's "Easy Diabetic Cooking with 4 Ingredients." I've posted another more traditional Diabetic Banana Cream Pie but this one is a lot easier so I am posting as another option. Serving size is 1/8 of the pie (1 slice); Net carbs 12; Fat 4 g; Fiber is less than 1 g; calcium 42 mg; sodium 153 g; sugars 6 g; calories 97 (without crust). Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant banana pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip Lite, frozen, thawed, divided
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker pie crust
- In a mixing bowl combine pudding mix and milk and mix well.
- Fold in 2 cups of the cool whip and mix.
- Pour into pie crust and sprinkle toasted coconut on top and chill pie until pudding sets.
This pie took no time at all to make. I brought it to work today for a party & it was completely gone in 30 minutes! This is a very yummy recipe!
We had our annual family reunion this weekend and 5 people coming were diabetic,besides me,made 3 of these,let me tell you I think the non-diabetics ate it all cause I was asked if I had more from a diabetic,had to laugh,a rich creamy yummy desert and it was the bell of the ball. Thank you for sharing your wonderful recipe with the rest of us.