This recipe is super-rich, super-decadent and super-easy. If you can whip cream and melt chocolate you can make this recipe. It needs to be chilled overnight. Which makes it the perfect prepare-ahead dessert.
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before you start.
- Melt the butter over a low heat.
- Crush the ginger nut biscuits while the butter is melting.
- Stir crushed biscuits into the melted butter.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch springform tin and press down evenly to form base for cheesecake.
- Place in fridge to chill.
- Melt chocolate gently in bowl suspended over simmering water (water shouldn't touch the bowl).
- Whip double cream til it forms peaks.
- In another bowl mix half the mascarpone and half the yogurt.
- Pour half the melted chocolate into the whipped cream and mix immediately (it is important that the whipped cream is not chilled at this point or the chocolate will set too quickly. If this does happen (end up with a speckled brown and white mix instead of a smooth, homogenous brown mix) pop into the microwave for 20 seconds the).
- Pour the rest of the melted chocolate into the mascarpone/yogurt mix and mix immediately (same points as above apply about chocolate setting too quickly).
- Spread the chocolately mascarpone/yogurt mix over the biscuit base.
- Spread the chocolately double cream over the mascarpone/yogurt mix.
- Mix the remainder of the yogurt and mascarpone together and spread over the top of the double cream (it will probably mix together and become a bit chocolately but that's fine).
- Chill overnight.
- Decorate with grated chocolate if you wish.