Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Here is a tip, to slice easier and more evenly, remove the pan from the fridge just before the chocolate is completely hardened, slice with a sharp knife into desired squares and place back in the fridge, this way the chocolate will not crumble when slicing, I do this with my Nanaimo bars recipe also!
Top Review by CoffeeB
I think I have found a new way to make Scotcheroo's and/or RiceKrispie Treats. These are the best Kitty. I think what's an added bonus is putting them in an 8x8. Never thought of that b/f. I love how big each bar is. But, what's not to love about p.b. (my absolute obsession) and chocolate, plus the saltiness of peanuts. Bravo!!! Made for 123 HitWonders~
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 236.59 ml corn syrup
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml butter (no subs!)
- 709.77 ml Rice Krispies
- 709.77 ml corn flakes, slightly crushed
- 354.88 ml peanuts, crushed
- 591.47 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 103.53 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot over medium heat melt butter, then add in peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla; stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add in cereals and crushed peanuts; mix to combine; remove from heat.
- Quickly transfer to an 8 x 8-inch baking dish, press down gently to even out the top.
- In the microwave melt the chocolate chips with 7 tablespoons butter until the chocolate is melted stirring with a small whisk or spoon to completely combine.
- Spread over the mixture in the pan and chill for about 2 hours, or until the chocolate topping is firm.