Here is a tip, to slice easier and more evenly, remove the pan from the fridge just before the chocolate is completely hardened, slice with a sharp knife into desired squares and place back in the fridge, this way the chocolate will not crumble when slicing, I do this with my Nanaimo bars recipe also!
- In a pot over medium heat melt butter, then add in peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla; stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add in cereals and crushed peanuts; mix to combine; remove from heat.
- Quickly transfer to an 8 x 8-inch baking dish, press down gently to even out the top.
- In the microwave melt the chocolate chips with 7 tablespoons butter until the chocolate is melted stirring with a small whisk or spoon to completely combine.
- Spread over the mixture in the pan and chill for about 2 hours, or until the chocolate topping is firm.