Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a tip, to slice easier and more evenly, remove the pan from the fridge just before the chocolate is completely hardened, slice with a sharp knife into desired squares and place back in the fridge, this way the chocolate will not crumble when slicing, I do this with my Nanaimo bars recipe also!
- In a pot over medium heat melt butter, then add in peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla; stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add in cereals and crushed peanuts; mix to combine; remove from heat.
- Quickly transfer to an 8 x 8-inch baking dish, press down gently to even out the top.
- In the microwave melt the chocolate chips with 7 tablespoons butter until the chocolate is melted stirring with a small whisk or spoon to completely combine.
- Spread over the mixture in the pan and chill for about 2 hours, or until the chocolate topping is firm.
I think I have found a new way to make Scotcheroo's and/or RiceKrispie Treats. These are the best Kitty. I think what's an added bonus is putting them in an 8x8. Never thought of that b/f. I love how big each bar is. But, what's not to love about p.b. (my absolute obsession) and chocolate, plus the saltiness of peanuts. Bravo!!! Made for 123 HitWonders~
We are a family of scotch-a-roo lovers, this was a wonderful change of pace. I didnt have corn flakes so I subbed special K, and only had 1/2 cup of corn syrup so I have to make some with sugar and water, BUT this still turned out great! We loved the crunchy texture and the peanut added to that. The topping is rich and melds with the crunch. I also liked that it wasnt a whole 13x9 pan! Thanks Carol for another super recipe!