Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
When my friend brought these to a Christmas party last year, EVERYONE went crazy over these. I had to beg her for the recipe and eventually she gave in.... Even though these bars have Cereal in them, they are truly more like a Nanimo Bar than they are a Rice Crispy Treat. Enjoy! I will be making these for years and years to come - I hope you will be too!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix (4-serving size)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine granulated sugar and corn syrup; heat and stir just until mixture boils around edges. Heat and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted. Stir in rice cereal and cornflakes until coated. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- For pudding, in a medium saucepan, melt 3/4 cup of butter. Stir in powered sugar, dry vanilla pudding mixes, and milk. Spread pudding mixture over cereal layer; set aside.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate pieces and the 1/2 cup butter; heat and stir over low heat until melted. Spread frosting over pudding layer. Cover and chill until chocolate sets. To Remove lift foil out and place on cutting board, cut unto bars.
These are really good!! I made them for an "adult" treat at my son's birthday party and they went really quick. I have never had a real nanimo bar so I can't judge that but I will make these again! Thanks!