Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe I want to try soon from 500 Best Cookies, Bars & Squares The preparation time does not include the chilling time.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- Over low heat stir in a saucepan, together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and corn syrup until blended and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and salt and mix.
- Using a large bowl, mix together the cereals.
- Add the peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- Press evenly into a lightly greased, 8 inch cake pan.
- Chill for 6 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares.
These little morsels are addictive and ridiculousy easy to make !!!
great bars, these are similar to a granola bar I also added in 1/2 cup chopped salt peanuts, thanks for sharing a great treat Dreamer!
I used butter flavored margarine. I omitted the salt. I made half the recipe. It's really yummy. Thanks Dreamer. Made for Zaar Star Game