Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Betty Crocker,prize winning 2007 recipe. It should read 1 box Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix, but for some reason Zaar would not except it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) boxbetty crocker peanut butter cookie mix (1 lb 1.5 oz)
- 7 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with waxed paper or foil.
- In 5-quart heavy Dutch oven, heat corn syrup to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Stir in cookie mix until well blended.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. (Candy thermometer should read 160°F.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- With wooden spoon or rubber spatula, gently fold in cereal and peanuts until well coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with fingertips.
- Cool completely,
- Drizzle with melted chocolate(optional).
- Store covered at room temperature.