Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love a no-bake treat & this is from Kelloggs, I haven't tried it yet but if little miss DD doesn't finish the box of cereal I guess I'll have to make them..:lol: :)
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 50 g butter
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 3⁄4 cup glace cherries, chopped
- 100 g milk chocolate or 100 g dark chocolate, melted
- Combine sugar, honey, & butter in a saucepan. Stir constantly over a medium heat until butter melts & sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Add cornflakes, almonds and cherries. Press tablespoons of mixture onto a greased tray & Refrigerate until firm.
- Spread each biscuit with chocolate.
Very good little chewies and a great way to use up the end of the box of cereal. We weren't huge fans of the cherries, so i think I'd leave them out next time. The chocolate and almond flavor was great though. Very sweet. Made and reviewed for Kid-Friendly Tag - Thanks! :)