Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by Suzanne S.
Top Review by khandley8448
I tried this recipe with a few low fat alterations. I used raw chunky peanut butter (peanuts and salt only). I substituted unsweetened applesauce for butter, water for milk and added 1/8 tsp of salt. Very tasty but must stay refrigerated. Will increase cocoa powder to taste, probably another Tbls, next time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups Splenda granular, sugar substitute (or 1 cup sugar and 1 cup splenda)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring this to a boil for 1 1/2 minutes butter, splenda, salt, cocoa, milk.
- In large bowl mix oatmeal, peanut butter, vanilla.
- Add boiled mixture, a little at a time until you have the consistency of a drop cookie. Put wax paper on a cookie sheet, use tablespoon to form balls, drop onto wax paper. Put cookies into freezer on the tray.
- After a few hours put them into zip lock baggies. Keep the cookies in the freezer and eat them. You can eat them frozen, or let them defrost a bit.