Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a healthier version of an age old favorite cookie. The kids will never notice the wheat germ or miss the extra butter.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup wheat germ (optional)
- 1 cup powdered milk (optional)
- ASSEMBLY DIRECTIONS:.
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar, butter, cocoa powder and milk together to a boil.
- As soon as it boils, remove it immediately from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- While still hot, drop by teaspoons onto waxed paper.
- Allow to cool and harden.
- Label and freeze in a rigid containers.
Well I cannot rate these as I did not even get a taste tester, however YOUare a big hit for the Annual Men's Fishing Trip. My job is too make over 10 doz cookies for the guys. I picked your recipe as the suprise recipe this year. It will now become a regular for the trips. M husband, BIL. and their friend all called me to say THANK YOU!!! and they love the suprise cookie. they of course get their regular choco chip and choco fudge macadamia, now yours is to be added to the trip. Keep more coming as I need a new suprise for next year. Simple to make, I did not have to freeze them or store for long. I did not use the powdered milk but did add in 1 tsp of vanilla. Made for AUS/NZ Swap 52
Just like the ones Mom made when I was growing up!
These tasted great, but I added a cup of powdered milk and couldn't get them to stick together.