Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yum layered chocolate cookies with cheesecake flavored pudding for an easy cake you don't have to bake. Found in Woman's World magazine.
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder (espresso)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 4 (3 1/2 ounce) packages cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 39 chocolate wafer cookies (from 1 9 ounce pkg.)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- additional cocoa powder (optional)
- strawberry (optional)
- Stir cocoa powder, coffee powder and vanilla into 1/4 cup water until coffee powder is dissolved.
- Whisk milk into pudding mixes until smooth.
- Fold in 12 ounce whipping topping.
- Arrange 13 cookies in bottom of 8" springform pan, breaking to fill as necessary.
- Brush with 1/3 of espresso mixture.
- Spread with half of pudding.
- Repeat with 13 cookies, 1/3 of espresso mixture and the remaining pudding.
- Top with remaining cookies; brush with remaining espresso mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove side from pan.
- Spread top and side of cake with remaining whipped topping.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings, cocoa powder and strawberries, if desired.
- Ready to serve in 30 minutes + overnight.