Recipe by deonandkatie
When we lived in NC my Dad convinced the bakery person to give him their recipe for no bakes even though they weren't supposed to. The grocery store was Food Lion for those of you that have those around you. My Dad cut the recipe down quite a bit, but it still makes 12 dozen cookies. These are seriously the best no bakes I've ever had. LOVE.THEM.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sugar (5 cups)
- 1⁄4 pint Karo syrup (1/4 bottle)
- 1⁄4 lb butter (1 stick)
- 2 ounces cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb peanut butter
- 21 ounces oatmeal (1/2 the round canister of Quaker Oats)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything but the oatmeal together and bring to a gentle boil, remove from heat.
- Add 1/2 a box of quaker oats (the round canister).
- Once you stir in the quaker oats you need to move quickly and drop spoonfuls onto wax paper. I suggest you have wax paper set up ALL over your kitchen before hand :). You can stir in shredded coconut or nuts if you'd like.
- This is the original recipe.
- 2 5 lbs bags of sugar.
- 1 bottle of karo syrup.
- 1 lb butter.
- 1 can cocoa.
- 4 cups of milk.
- 2 2lbs jars of peanut butter.
- 2 boxes of quaker oats.