Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
These are wonderfully easy and delicious. My mom has made these for many years. And now I am making them for my family.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter or 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- Mix sugar, milk and cocoa, together, on medium heat.
- Stir often, (I use a whisk).
- Once the mixture starts boiling keep stirring and let boil for 2 to 3 min.
- Then remove from heat add butter, and peanut butter, mix well add vanilla and oats stir and drop by spoonfulls on waxed paper.
These were delishious and very easy to make! I noticed they dried out faster than I could sheet them so I just added a tiny bit of milk and stired to make them fresh again. Worked great. Super recipe, thanks for sharing!
I used old fashioned oats instead of quick. My first batch crumbled miserably. So, I dropped the oats to 2 cups and they turned out wonderfully. I like this recipes ratio of butter to peanut butter. The taste is marvelous. Thank you.
These were very good, but I made some healthy changes... I used a little less than a cup of sugar (and they were still SUPER sweet, so I can't imagine double that amount). I used almond milk and a mix of almond and peanut butter. I used coconut oil instead of butter and a little less oats than called for. Also a pinch I cinnamon really kicked it up a notch.