Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Easy no bake cookies ... very good ... my girlfriend always asks for these
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and margerine. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally, boil approximately 1 minute.
- 2. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, salt, peanut butter, and oats.
- 3. Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour before serving.
My daughter and I made these together this morning. They were simple to make and very tasty. Best of all, it was a good way to use up the quick cooking oats that my husband bought which no one in the family eats. The only problem that I ran into (that has nothing to do with the recipe) is the consistency. I only use all natural peanut butter that has to be refrigerated. It has a very soft consistency. In order to firm up the cookies I knew we were going to have to add extra oats, a little flour etc... My daughter and I opted to stir in roughly 1/2 cup of Uncle Sam's Original cereal into the mixture before spooning it onto the wax paper. The addition of the cereal added a little crunch do to the flakes and flax seed. Thank you for posting your recipe. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2012.