Recipe by Bryana
I got this off of a Hersheys cocoa box and i altered the recipe a little because it said to add 2 cups of sugar and it came out too grainy. i reccomed the peanut butter in the recipe.
Top Review by Christy Sowers
I have made cookies like these before, but I always add half a cup of milk to the cocoa, sugar, and butter mixture. IT makes it easier to mix. The recipe really needs two cups of sugar, but if you will boil the above mixture for one minute while stirring constantly (before adding the peanut butter) it will remove the grainy texture and make them set up better. These will also set up at room temp. and can be stored for several days.
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups quick oats (uncooked)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter or 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat.
- once it has melted add the cocoa.
- add the sugar and stir just until dissolved.
- (keep on stove lower to low heat).
- add the peanut butter and stir til melted.
- stir in the vanilla.
- stir in the oats one cup at a time.
- spoon onto cookie sheet lined with foil.
- refrigerate 10 minutes or until set.