Recipe by MollyJ
Yes, another no-bake recipe but this is mine and I'm putting it here for safe keeping. From my church's cook book, where food comes with a personal memory. I have found this to be a pretty reliable no-bake recipe that tends to have a soft, slightly granular texture that sets up but you have to move fast! Wait too long to spoon it on the wax paper and they can turn dry and crumbly. Have your wax paper laid out in anticipation.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk (top milk)
- 3 cups quick oatmeal, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure oatmeal, peanut butter and coconut into a large bowl and set aside.
- Boil margarine, sugar, cocoa and milk together for 1 minute.
- Pour onto oatmeal, peanut butter coconut mixture.
- Mix thoroughly making sure to moisten all the ingredients.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto waxed paper.
- The recipe calls for top milk, which I assume is the cream that rises to the top on unseperated and unhomogenized milk. Not having my own cow, I use 1/2 cup milk and throw in a little extra margarine--about a heaping teaspoon.