Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy treats with the goodness of wheat germ and flax.
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 1 cup quick oats
- Heat milk, sugar, and cocoa until it boils, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and peanut butter.
- Stir in wheat germ, flax, and oats.
- Drop by tbsps. onto waxed paper.
Love this healthy recipe! I doubled it, made the cookies about 2 Tbsp. in size, and used cashew butter instead of peanut. They are basically the traditional chocolate/oatmeal no-bake cookies. I can only taste flaxseed on the aftertaste. In addition, I did notice that after a few days on my counter, though tightly covered, they began to smell and taste rancid. Because of the milk I recommend refrigerating these cookies.