Recipe by keilikendall
This is a great recipe to try with your kids. I love to find ways to get my girls in the kitchen with me. They love these cookies.
Top Review by jenhoyer
Worked very well, I was in need of a Vegan dessert and made this with soy milk and fleishmen's margerine which doesn't contain any milk or milk byproduct. Thanks for the terrific dessert! I was hard pressed to keep the kids away from it until the party.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups quaker 1 minute quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- wax paper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave safe bowl combine 1/4 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 1/3 cup coco powder, and 1/2 cup of milk. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir. Add the fallowing right away while mixture is still hot, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 3 1/2 cups quaker 1 minute oats, and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir everything together really well.
- I like to add 1/2 cup of coconut or 1/2 cup pecans to mine but thats optional.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto wax paper and let them cool for about an hour or as long as you can stay away from them.