Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These cookies are known through town. They take a while to make but are well worth it. Be sure to use instant oats. I have tried updating the recipe numerous times to state that, but it defaults to "Quicker Quaker Oats". It helps to stir them in a bit at a time so they cook and you can gauge the dryness of the mixture.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups Quicker Quaker Oats (INSTANT OATS)
- Bring butter, sugar, cocoa, and milk to a hard boil over low heat, stirring constantly in a heavy sauce pan.
- Boil for just over 1 minute. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract and peanut butter until all is melted.
- Add oats.
- Work quickly dropping by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Let sit until hard.
- If the cookies are too dry, try boiling for less time or adding less oats.
- If they are too runny boil longer or add more oats.
One of my most requested cookie recipes.I make these alot in the summer when its too hot to bake and the kids are yelling for cookies.
Everyone I know loves these cookies! The only change I make is I use one square of Baker's Chocolate in place of coccoa. These are especially great in the summer because they don't create any extra heat, but watch out or you might add to your waistline...I can never have just one!
This is a childhood favorite. Everybody loves them and it takes no time to whip them up.