Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
These no-bake cookie dough truffles taste delicious!! If you love raw cookie dough you will FALL IN LOVE with these!
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (6 ounce) package mini chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well by hand.
- Roll into bite-size balls.
- Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Store in a plastic zip-type bag in the freezer.
- Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before eating.
These were really like cookie dough except you didn't have to worry about the raw egg. I rolled some in unsweetened cocoa powder and some in powdered sugar for presentation, but it also helped them taste more like a truffle.
These were really good. I didn't have chocolate chips, so I used broken pieces of a Hershey's Bar with almonds. The thing is, the dough was very wet, so it was too sticky to form into balls. I had to add about another 1/4 cup flour.Next time I won't add the water. Next time I'm going to try with walnuts and white chocolate pieces. Thanks!
My daughter is loving this right now as edible play dough, as she asked me to make her "something she could squeeze" tonight. I didn't have the stuff to make the normal dough, so I made this one, leaving out the chocolate chips and adding cinnamon. To me the flavor of the brown sugar is a bit too strong so I'll cut back and use half white sugar next time. I had to add more flour for this to hold together, and I think the truffles would have held together with more flour as well.