Recipe by Rhonda *J*
Yet another one I have not made, but have had for awhile. Sounds good and very versatile as you choose what kind of cookies to use! Also sounds extremely easy(not to mention quick) as you whip this all up in a blender and put into a storebought crust!! Most of my cheesecake making has been baked ones so I hope this "no bake" is good! From a magazine add for Knox gelatin quite a few years ago now.
Top Review by rosslare
Very nice and relatively light cheesecake as well. Mine turned out just slightly too wobbly, using 3 tsp (2,4g for a tsp) gelatin, so next time I will increase gelatin to 4 tsp and only use 1 cup milk. I like this recipe because it can be made with any cookies, ginger snaps, oreos or anything.
- 1 envelope gelatin (such as Knox)
- 1⁄4 cup cold milk
- 1 cup milk, heated to boiling
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (9 ounce) extra serving size prepared graham cracker crusts
- your favourite cookie, coarsely crushed (Oreo's, choc. chip cookies,whatever your fancy!!)
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender, sprinkle gelatin over cold milk; let stand 2 minutes.
- Add hot milk and process at low until dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and process until blended.
- Arrange (sprinkle) mini chocolate chips in the bottom of the crust.
- Pour in gelatin (cream cheese) mixture.
- Sprinkle with your favourite crushed cookies.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.