Recipe by Mama Tia
From a Hershey's cookbook. These are much like chocolate "frogs", but with coconut and without the peanut butter. These would be fun to make with kids.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan,combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Immediately drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Cool completely.
- Store in cool, dry place.