Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was a big hit at our local church choir Christmas evening. It is quick, easy, extremely tasty, and looks like you have worked a long time to create. Be creative with the items you use for decorating
- 8 ounces bakers semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (1 liter) container Cool Whip (thawed slightly)
Items for decorating such as
- coconut or icing sugar or cocoa or colored crystal sugar or graham cracker crumbs or cookie candy sprinkles or ground almonds or crushed peanuts, etc
- Melt the chocolate over hot water or in the microwave for approx 30 seconds on high til soft.
- Mix in peanut butter.
- Fold in Cool Whip whipped topping.
- Place in fridge for an hour til it hardens.
- Roll in small walnut sized balls.
- Roll each ball in a different item to give your baking tray lovely colour: Chocolate shot, coloured sugar, cookie sprinkles, icing sugar, cocoa or coconut.
- Keep in a container in the fridge until needed.
These were great little treats I would make not only for x-mas! The only problem was they got a bit too hard and I could not form balls out of them. Maybe I should have used more cool whip since I did not have a full container and was not sure exactly how much I had so I had to scale it down a bit. So I just made "bark" out of that batch. But I tried it again with the correct amount and it came out great. I rolled them in green colored sugar and some peanuts.
A magazine recipe book...don't remember the name, had a similar recipe that eliminated melting the chocolate by using 'ready made fudge frosting'. I also don't remember peanut butter in the recipe. It makes a great inside for a quick truffle. Then you would need to melt chips.