Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick and simple no-bake cookie that I used often as my kids were growing up - too many times I would realize that I was expected to bring cookies to a school progam in a couple hours and had nothing prepared. There were never any left to bring home so I can tell you from experience that it is easily doubled and that tripled, I used exactly one 12 oz package of chow mein noodles! There are other chow mein noodle cookies on here but all that I found called for chips, this one does not.
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chow mein noodles (I use a bit more)
- Bring sugar and syrup to a full boil in a heavy pan. Remove from heat at once. (Over cooking will make a hard cookie.)
- Add peanut butter and noodles. Mix thoroughly.
- Drop into rounded mounds onto waxed paper.
- Let set for at least 15 minutes.
- NOTE: I usually add more noodles for a crunchier cookie. I add a half cup or so at a time, stirring them in to make sure they will still stick together before deciding whether to add more or to stop.
- PREP time includes cooling.
Oh my gosh!!! I used to make this recipe as a kid and was crushed when mom lost it. Can't believe that I found it on the net!
I had these somewhere as a child and I have never been able to find the recipe. I made them and Wow! Exactly like I remembered them!
Very good one for taking to your childs school. I used more noodle and I used crunchy peanut butter. Next classroom event I got my cookie!