Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This addictive recipe is a modification of Chocolate Hemp Squares from Vive le Vegan by Dreena Burton. Feel free to substitute other nut butters, such as almond butter or cashew butter. Soynut butter has a slight bitterness that contrasts nicely with the chocolate. This recipe is very easy to make, but it takes awhile to cool. I start eating the squares before the chocolate has cooled.
- 1⁄3 cup soy nut butter
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed Rice Krispies or 1 cup breakfast cereal
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Combine nut butters, maple syrup and salt in a sauce pan. Heat over low heat until warm while stirring. Do not bring to a boil.
- Remove nut butter mixture from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and crushed cereal.
- Press the mixture into a 8x8 inch pan.
- Heat the soy milk and chocolate chips over low heat until the chips have melted. Spread over the bars and cool.