No Bake Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Crust: Combine crumbs, pecans, sugar and butter .
- With the back of a spoon, press mixture to the bottom of a lightly greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake in 325 oven for 8 minutes.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar with electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla, mixing well.
- Blend in melted chocolate. In another bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks.
- Add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites and whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Pour over crust. Garnish: Sprinkle with chopped pecans and drizzle with melted chocolate. Cover with foil.
- Freeze cheesecake for 3 hours or until firm.
- When frozen solid, remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.