Recipe by WaterMelon
This is recipe is inspired by Honey & Nut Cheerios by Kandake. I decided that Cheerios are just not crunchy enough for me, so I tweaked it and made these. Very addictive! You may use 2 to 2 1/2 cups of nuts (any kind that you have).
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (I use smooth)
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (I use salted)
- 1 cup roasted cashews (I use salted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the peanuts and cashews in a ziplock bag, whack them with a rolling pin or a pestle (to coarsely'chop' them).
- Combine honey and sugar in a saucepan, and using low heat, heat until mixture starts to boil.
- Turn off heat, add chocolate and stir until melted.
- Add peanut butter, stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the chopped nuts, stir to coat them with the sticky mixture.
- Drop the nut mixture by teaspoonfuls onto mini paper cups or parchment paper (Work quickly before the glaze sets or you can heat it up on the stovetop to make it more manageable).
- Chill until set.