Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
A long name for a really easy, no-bake bar!! "Cooking" time is chilling time in the fridge.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups pretzel crumbs
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark preferred)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4 cup crisp rice cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch square pan with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Mix the melted butter with the pretzel crumbs, peanut butter and confectioner's sugar. Turn into prepared pan and spread evenly in pan. Chill for about 1 hour.
- Place chocolate morsels, 2 tbsp peanut butter and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir until mixture is smooth. You may have to return the bowl to the microwave for another 15-20 seconds if morsels are not completely melted.
- Add the rice cereal to the chocolate mixture, stirring to coat well.
- Spread on top of chilled peanut butter mixture and return to refrigerator to chill until firm, about 3 hours.
- When well chilled, cut into 9 bars.